Thursday, March 20, 2008

Then, the thunder rambled on and on and on........

The sun raises up lazily, peeks its small head while kissing the sea. The angry sea moves away getting the fierce sun rolling up. The clouds decide not to move and plonk onto the glittering sky. I can see the sun still trying to peek through the clouds. Then, the clouds give way. Thousands of glittering raindrops fall to the earth. Like softly floating dewdrops, they fall. Covering the earth with their mist, they drench everything in sight. The sun remains an elusive small glow behind enormous clouds that give no indication of letting go. I could imagine the rain gods dancing, while pouring the water down on earth. I rush to the terrace to catch a glimpse of this beautiful weather. Instead I catch a glimpse of a poor man, half clothed and shivering, with a tea cup in hand. He doesn’t seem to realize that his hot tea is being adulterated by the huge drops of rain falling from his broken dirty umbrella. He just sat there and kept sipping his watery tea. And then I realized. He dint seem to not notice. He chooses not to notice it. A throng of school boys who were trying to wade their way through a puddle danced at the prospect of not having to explain at home why they got back dripping wet. A group of pigeons sat on top of the next building, cuddled together, and one could see only when they moved, that they were trying to protect their young ones from the harsh cold weather. All around one could see a sea of black, blue, and white dots dancing away. They seemed to be following some sort of a pattern. I realize, it’s the pattern drawn by the users of those umbrellas. The trees looked greener, and the roads looks muddier, the sky looked grey and I wished I could fly far far away….. I would love to go out in this shimmering rain, jiggle a leg, go back home, change into warm, just ironed clothes, eat hot hot sambar vadai. I cant help thinking a nice warm mug of chocolate would also go down well. Actually all one would want rite now is just a plate of vetta kozhambu sadam with vendakai and potato roast. (slurp slurp) and snuggle into a warm cozy bed and cuddle up (with pillows only) and drift into dreamland.
And now having successfully taken your mind off work, I shall quietly go have a cup of warm tea, put my feet up (literally) and do some work.
Adios

2 comments:

LVS said...

You blogged this from office?!!

Akshaya said...

@ LVS
Lol... yes... inspiration start at work for me!!!